Friday, December 15, 2006

Welcoming Mohamed in Saidia








So our first stop in Morocco was the beach town of Saidia on the Algerian border. At our campsite I quickly made friends with the family who was running it and spent the time palying with Wallid, the five year old, or in the house with Najima, the Mom and her baby Hannin. I went to visit Najima's family with her for a party. It was to celebrate the birth of her sister's baby, Mohamed. The house was full of women relatives, about 60 women, and tons of children running around. They spant the entire day eating and dancing and it was great. we were there for nearly 12 hours and it was quite the party! Good food and fun people, I would have loved to take more photos, but I had to be careful since many muslim women don't want t here photo taken or put online.
There photos are of a horse swimming on the other side of the hills is Algeria, Wallid, Najima and Hannin, Mohamed, then two of some kids at the party and the last one is of me holding Hannin...who was usually happy when she saw me, but not in the photo.

No comments: