Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Oujda to Meknes















So on the way back from Mohammedhia, I met up with Ali in Oujda. Since we were both ready to head off, I only stayed one night with his family there before we headed off. Our first stop was Fes, where we spent time wandering around the endless alleys of the souk and got some roof top viewes of the tanneries. We also checked out teh ROyal Palace and saw a bunch of gates. The next day we headded to Meknes where we saw a bunch of old buildings, some tombs and a really cool square. We stayed a couple of days in Meknes, making a day trip to Volubilis and Moulay Idriss. Voulubilis is a site of ancient Roman ruins and Moulay Idriss is where there is a masolouem that I could not enter since I was not Muslim, but it was a beautiful town, and ALi took my camera and took some photos so that I could get an idea of what it looked like. I Meknes we ate some really yummy Tagine with Olives and lemons and veggies anc chicken....MMMMMMM.
The photos are of a door in Fes, Moulay Idriss, The doors of the Royal Palace in Fes, A Mosque in Meknes, the Tanneries in Fes, Voulubilis, Minaret in Moulay Idriss, Voulubilis, A random donkey in Fes, an old school building turned tourist attraction in Meknes and a carpet shop in Meknes.

No comments: