Friday, December 15, 2006

Staying with Nat in Madrid














So after Granada I caught the bus to Madrid, whe I hooked up with Nathalie, a girl who I met on the couchsurfing website. I was only planning on stay a couple of days, but because we got along well, Madrid was cool and I didn't really have anywhere else to go, I ended up staying almost a week. I spent the week checking out all of the sights that there were to check out in Madrid...well the ones that were free at least, cant exactly remmeber it all now since I have neglicted my blog for more than two months, but they were all amazing and I loved Madrid. In the evenings we went out with Nathalie's friends and ate and ate and ate some more. I randomly bought a new pair of climbing shoes one day that I will have to carry around with me until I get back to Thailand, but the were sooo nice and really cheap...big sale. I even had the chance to take a day trip to Toledo...as in Holy Toledo...which I always thought was in the Southern United States because you need that accent when you use the expression. Toledo is this really cute old city that used to be share by the Cathlocis, the Jews and the Muslims. So you can see all the religious buildings. The night that I left we watched two great movies, if you can get them with English subtitles, I would reccomend them: L'auberge Espanol and Les Poupees Russe. Nathalie...hope to see you in Geneva!!!!!
The top three photos are of Toledo, then it is the Debode Temple in Madrid, Me and Andrea eating dinner at Nats, Nat in the park, Madrid, Me with my reconstruction of the Debode Temple, A bunch of couchsurfers having coffee and Nat and I having tea.

No comments: